Welcome to my blog!
So, you have short, possibly dry damaged hair and you want long healthy shiny hair?
But how do you encourage mixed race hair to grow?
Firstly it's important to note that hair growth is genetically determined. As discussed in this post, healthy Caucasian hair rate of growth is around 1-1.25cm per month whereas Afro-Caribbean hair growth is actually a lot slower at around half of that of the rate of growth of Caucasian hair. The most important thing about getting long hair fast is retaining the length you grow, by this I mean minimising hair loss (split ends/breakage).
Have a look at my newbie series. If you click that link you'll find the first post of my "newbie series" about how to look after your hair. More posts are in the process of being published which will give details on how to get long, strong healthy hair. Be sure to FOLLOW my blog. Use the bottons on the right so you can find out when I write a new post.
7 easy steps
- Stop using heat or reduce your use of heat. Heat includes hair driers/curlers and straighteners. Try to only use heat once a week or less.
- Cut off all your dead ends. Although some adverts might say it, you cannot repair split ends and
damage. CUT IT OFF.
- Use a deep conditioner once a week. This will add moisture or protein to your hair and improve your hair healthy.
- Learn about your hair and its needs. Have a read of this.
- Avoid nasty ingredients in hair products. Things to avoid include: Mineral oil, Alcohol, Sulphates and synthetic colours.
- Be patient. Remember your hair wont grow over night, if you look after your hair you can retain a lot of length and before you know it your hair will be longer and healthier than it has ever been.
- Read through this blog, there are tons and tons of tips :)
It's that simple.
My blog has tons of tips which are updated constantly on how to grow you hair.
Follow my blog for more posts.