Wednesday, 26 September 2012

How to Grow Mixed Race Hair Long Fast



Welcome to my blog!
So, you have short, possibly dry damaged hair and you want long healthy shiny hair?
But how do you encourage mixed race hair to grow?

Firstly it's important to note that hair growth is genetically determined. As discussed in this post, healthy Caucasian hair rate of growth is around 1-1.25cm per month whereas Afro-Caribbean hair growth is actually a lot slower at around half of that of the rate of growth of Caucasian hair. The most important thing about getting long hair fast is retaining the length you grow, by this I mean minimising   hair loss (split ends/breakage).


Have a look at my newbie series. If you click that link you'll find the first post of my "newbie series" about how to look after your hair. More posts are in the process of  being published which will give details on how to get long, strong healthy hair. Be sure to FOLLOW my blog. Use the bottons on the right so you can find out when I write a new post.

7 easy steps

  • Stop using heat or reduce your use of heat. Heat includes hair driers/curlers and straighteners.  Try to only use heat once a week or less.
  • Cut off all your dead ends. Although some adverts might say it, you cannot repair split ends and
    damage. CUT IT OFF.
  • Use a deep conditioner once a week. This will add moisture or protein to your hair and improve your hair healthy.
  • Learn about your hair and its needs. Have a read of this.
  • Avoid nasty ingredients in hair products. Things to avoid include: Mineral oil, Alcohol, Sulphates and synthetic colours.
  • Be patient. Remember your hair wont grow over night, if you look after your hair you can retain a lot of length and before you know it your hair will be longer and healthier than it has ever been.
  • Read through this blog, there are tons and tons of tips :)
It's that simple.

My blog has tons of tips which are updated constantly on how to grow you hair.

Follow my blog for more posts.

Follow on Bloglovin
She Said Beauty



23 comments:

  1. I think your valuable tips works for Hair grow.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnx a million....hopefully I can get a reply on how to grow african hair faster?? Because I really need help my hair won't seem to grow I don't use heaters or anything that would cause it to grow really slow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use exactly the same tips. Just be patient!

      Delete
  4. Great tips, going to give them a try as my hair is so dry, I wet it every morning starting to think this is why it's dry and doesn't grow.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I've never seen a post that specifically caters to the needs of mixed hair so I'm definitely going to all of these.

    Crystal
    teensguidetolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I love your blog and need some advice.

    I wash my hair every 3-4 weeks as on top of uni and placements in the week my entire weekend is spent working my part time job.
    Are there any tips you can give me to either embrace my natural curls which I hate so much or make drying my hair straight less of a chore. I've tried every heat free method I could find for drying as I am very cautious of how much heat I apply to my hair since I ombre'd my hair but I am very impatient and spending the best part of a rare day off with my hair in rollers isn't how I'd like to be spending it.

    Any help you could offer would be great,
    Thanks.
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried roller setting? Look at sistawithrealhair on yutube.
      Or curl formers
      Or braid outs/ twist outs?

      I'll do a post on it soon :)
      Go on Longhaircareforum.com for advice :D
      x

      Delete
  7. Hi, this blog is brilliant! i wondered am i supposed to wrap my hair at night to lock in moisture? if so what do you recommend? I've tried using a satin scarf before but it just falls off, is a satin pillowcase recommended?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so so much! It's up to you. If you want to keep your hair straight then you can wrap it, yotube cross wrapping and it may stop it falling off. If your hair is curly you can put it in a pineapple, google that and you'll find examples. Personally I prefer a satin pillow case. I twist my hair up lossly and sleep on the pillow. I may do a post on it soon :)
    The reason satin or silk is recommended is because it stop there beig friction betwen your hair and the pilkow so it stops it being frizzy :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I desperately need someone's help here. I have 16 and 13 year old daughters who are bi-racial (English/Italian mixed with Jamaican) 16 year old has hair that has the texture of white people's hair and a bit of a curl and is easy to manage. My 13 year old has hair which is between white and black texture, thick, very curly (well it's actually frizzy) and doesn't grow. She is at the stage where we have constant tears as she wants long flowing hair just like all her white friends and thinks she looks like a boy. When I wash her hair, which I have cut down to once every 2 weeks and usually just condition it. I use a wide tooth comb when conditioner is on her hair and comb it through and then just pat dry with a towel. Curls look great but spring into her hair making her hair look really really short and she hates it. Her hair is usually so very, very dry and I am at a complete loss of what to do how to make it look good and how to make it grow. I also don't know whether I should be taking her to a European hairdressers or an Afro-Caribbean one. (sorry for such a long comment)Please help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Email me at chantelle.blog@outlook.com it will be a lot easier :)

      Delete
  10. Hi I ♥️your blog we'll I am mixed but I have relaxed my hair so much and I can't get my curls back I'm thinking of transitioning but it is really hard my hair is neck length do you have any tips or hairstyles or routines thanks����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go through this blog, I have tons and tons of tips.
      But feel free to Email me and I can probably give you some more personalised help!
      chantelle.blog@outlook.com
      x

      Delete
  11. Thanks for this post. :) I'm mixed race (African and English) I just had my hair relaxed again but it's shorter than it used to be. I think the ends broke off over time. I'll have a look through your blog for other tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I NEVER BELIEVED IN SPELLS UNTIL I MET THIS VERY POWERFUL SPELL CASTER. I WAS ABOUT GOING TO FOR A BEAUTY SHOW AND MY HAIR WAS TOO SHORT I NEVER KNOW WHAT TO DO I APPLIED ALL TYPES OF CREAM AND MANY STUFFS AND IT NEVER WORKED I WAS FRUSTRATED. SO A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME OF A SPELL CATER WHO HELPED HER IN A LOVE SPELL TO GET HER HUSBAND BACK SHE TOLD ME THAT THE SPELL CASTER CAN HELP ME SO I CONTACTED THE SPELL CASTER I SENT HIM SOME INFORMATION ABOUT MYSELF AND HE ASKED FOR SOME MONEY WHICH HE WILL USE TO BUY MATERIALS WITHOUT DOUBT I SENT HIM THE MONEY AND IN 2 DAYS TIME HE SHIPPED SOMETHING TO ME THROUGH THE DHL WHEN I GOT IT I WAS VERY HAPPY AND I USED IT EXACTLY THE WAY HE ASKED ME TO AND TO MY GREATEST SURPRISE IN LESS THAT 5 DAYS MY GOT VERY LOAN MORE THAN I EXPECT. IF YOU ARE OUT THERE AND YOU NEED HELP TO MAKE YOUR HAIR LONGER EMAIL THE SPELL CASTER NOW PROPHETBAZ34@YAHOO. COM .. HE IS THE BEST.. THANKS DR JOHN I AM SO GRATEFUL . PROPHETBAZ34@YAHOO.COM OR YOU CAN CALL HIM ON +2347053839123 WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© Mixed Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena