Sunday 16 December 2012

Baking Soda and Apple Cider Rinse

After a busy, hard but incredibly fun first term at university I am definitely ready for a rest as is my hair. My hair has been subjected to lots of products including those with a lot of glycerine (which attracts dirt) as well as lot of heat damage. So its time for a deep cleaning of my hair and my product of choice for this is none other than


Baking soda clarifys hair to remove build up and leaves it shiny and clean. However baking soda opens hair cuticles, this results in hair prone to damage which can feel dry and brittle. Therefore after using baking soda as a shampoo it is important to use a product to close the cuticle.

Baking Soda Mix


My 'product' of choice for closing my hair cuticles is apple cider vinegar. Also from sainsbuys


I just mixed a bit of ACV with of water put it in an old conditioner bottle and poured it over my hair after I had deep conditioned.

My hair felt so good and soft, it really needed a deep clean.
I aim to clarify my hair like this once every 6 weeks or so.


2 comments:

  1. Sweetheart baking soda and baking powder are two very different products, In the UK baking soda will be labelled as bicarbonate of soda. Baking soda is the US term for bicarbonate of soda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© Mixed Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena