Tuesday 19 November 2013

Moisture overload!

I've recently moved back to university and have had some complications with it. From no internet to no house!  During this time I feel off the hair wagon for a brief amount of time. I got a bit lazy so decided to do an overnight deep condition session. I didn't really put much thought into it but just went with it.




When I work up my hair felt horrible every time I touched it it broke off. The breaks were about an inch long and looking at the end of them they didn't have split ends. I realised I had my first encounter with a moisture load. Thank fully I knew what to do.





ApHogee-Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor



I bought this about a year ago and when my hair was damaged I used it around once every 8 weeks. Now that my hair is no longer damaged I use it when I need it. Therefore, this was the first time I had used it in around 6 months. The recommended time to leave it on your hair is 2 minutes for normal breakage or 5 minutes for extreme breakage. I left it on for about 4 minutes and then rinsed it out. I left my hair alone for a week by putting in a bun and the breakage had completely stopped. You can get stronger protein treatments, which is especially useful for chemically damaged hair but as I'm natural I feel like that would be too much protein.
Catwalk Headshot
A word of warning, you CAN get too much protein. If your hair is lacking protein (breaking easily, hard and brittle) then use it. But don't over use. If you're not sure on if your hair needs protein why not use a reconstructive (lighter) protein treatment such as Catwalk: headshot.

Do you use protein as much as you should?

4 comments:

  1. I just started a more protein-rich hair regimen as I'm 5 months post with no plans to relax before the end of the year. I'm really glad that I have been using more protein because I have less breakage and I'm hoping that it keeps my hair in top shape until I figure out what to do next. Ironically, I used the 2 minute in my wash day last week! Great minds think alike!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Protein is amazing for breakage!

      haha they do indeed!

      Delete
  2. That's the same issue I was (and still do) having. Moisture overload. Thankfully,at least according to the book The Science of Black hair and what I read for years online, moisture overload is easier to correct than protein overload. I am doing a protein heavy regimen, in fact I will do the Aphogee treatment (the heavy hitter one) tonight when I get home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© Mixed Beauty, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena